125th Year Anniversary – Sept. 30, 2018: Blessing, Dedication, Solemn Mass, and Banquet
The Most Reverend Nelson Perez, Bishop, diocese of Cleveland, will officially bless and dedicate the newly remodeled Joseph House of Cleveland Inc (JHCI), located at 6108 St. Clair Avenue, Cleveland, Ohio 44103, on SEPT 30, 3018 (Sunday) in conjunction with a Solemn Mass and banquet to officially observe the 125th Year Anniversary Observance of the founding of St. Vitus Parish (1893-2018).
Blessing and dedication will occur at JHCI between 9:30AM-10:30AM followed by Solemn Mass at 11:00AM in St. Vitus Church, 6019 Lausche Avenue, Cleveland, Ohio 44103 with Bishop Perez as principal celebrant and homilist. JHCI is approximately 100 feet from the church. Open House for JHCI will be until 1:30PM. A banquet will be held in Slovenian National Home, 6417 St. Clair Avenue, Cleveland, Ohio 44103 immediately AFTER the 11:00AM Solemn Mass. .
JHCI was remodeled from Nov 2017-to-May 2018 with over $40,000+ in capital improvements to better serve the clothing distribution ministry of JHCI in this enlarged 2,135 square feet site. In addition, another $15,000 in donated labor and materials were provided to complete this project. JHCI also has a ministry to resettle incoming immigrants to Cleveland, Ohio. JHCI is a bona fide 501 c 3 tax exempt organization working in conjunction with (Cleveland) Catholic Charities Migration & Refugee Services and four Catholic parishes including Divine Word, Immaculate Conception, and St. Vitus. Michelle O’Donnell is director of operations, JHCI. Telephone number is (216) 431-7200 or via email at “firstname.lastname@example.org”
St. Vitus Parish was established in Aug. 1893 as the first American Slovenian Roman Catholic parish in the state of Ohio and diocese of Cleveland. Rev. Joseph Boznar is the current and sixth pastor of St. Vitus (1979-current). There are 675 registered parish households serving 1,025 people.In addition to the collaborative ministry work with JHCI, the parish has a senior ministry, parish food pantry, hot meal program, and a Saturday language school program. There are two bilingual choirs. The church pipe organ consists of 1,500 pipes and was restored by Holtkamp Organ Co. in 2009. Contact the parish rectory at (216) 361-1444 or email address “email@example.com” for additional information on this historic event.